Monday, September 12, 2011

Personal Review on Act of War: The Overthrow of The Hawaiian Nation

This film is about the Hawaiian people having their sovereignty and independence taken from them by the United States. I personally liked the film and the way that it was presented. When watching it, I thought that i was watching a documentary similar to the ones that are on the History Channel. I also liked this film because it was very informative on the events that led up to Hawaii's annexation into the United States. Throughout the film, the historians gave very detailed descriptions of the conflict, which made processing event very easy. I really love the history channel and having the film in that similar fashion kept me very interested to it. The film showed the Hawaiian people's side of the story, mainly the side that wanted to stay a independence sovereign nation. I do agree that the Hawaiian people had their land taken from them by the United States because of a combination of Manifest Destiny and politicians wanting Hawaii for military purposes.

No comments:

Post a Comment